Latest Linux Drivers
Please download the driver from here.
- Unzip and copy the driver folder to the Ubuntu desktop (you can drag and drop from the USB)
- Enter Terminal by pressing “Ctrl + Alt + T” (or you can find it in your home application launcher)
- Once in Terminal:
- Type “cd Desktop” and press Enter
- Type “cd driver” and press Enter
- Type “sudo make” and press Enter. Let it run until finished, it should take about a min or so.
- When finished, type “sudo make install” and press Enter
- Type “sudo modprobe mt7601Usta” and press Enter
- The wireless driver will now be updated. You need to restart the computer to finalize the update.
NOTE: Please do not include the quotation marks (I.e – “command”) when you type.